Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 5 ~ 40 Bags in 40 Days ~ Whoops!

After the birthday party was winding down, I was dancing around the living room like a fool with my kids.  I believe I had too much sugar and thought that I had turned into Wonder Woman because I tried to give my daughter, all 5'8" of her, a piggy back ride.  Yeeeeeah.  BAD idea Christina.  Very bad.

When I went to put her down, something in my back snapped and that was it.  I was done.  Toast.  

So, Sunday became a "hobble around the house trying not to cry" day.  I ended up going to the hospital for x-rays and got a handy dandy prescription for pain meds.  I'm at work right now but I have a feeling I'm not going to last long.  Have the ice pack and my heating pad at the ready but couldn't take the meds because I wouldn't be able to drive.  So I'm dosing up on ibuprofen and hoping they will help a little.  

Not sure how much I'll be able to get done today for the challenge.  Might try and tackle the top of my dresser when I get home though if I can prop myself up on my bed.

My fiance and I were talking last night and he just kept saying how sorry he was that I was hurt (he's been AMAZING the past few days, as have the kids.  They even helped me get my socks on yesterday..lol).  I kept saying that I was an idiot and did it to myself.  He then surprised me and said, "Well, I know but I realize how excited you are about the house and how much progress you've made.  You've had a sparkle in your eyes that I haven't seen in months and I'm proud of you."

I might have gotten something in my eyes just then because they started leaking tears.  

I'll get back to sparkling again...just gotta stop doing foolish things.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment